Monday, February 25, 2002

Hmmm. I had a pretty good weekend. Albeit it was a bit busy, but it was really good.

We started off Friday night with small group at our house, and there are just six of us. Its was nice because it was sort of an interesting setting, and we sat in a circle and sang songs and shared and prayed. It was a good time of fellowshipping, and I feel that I was calm and had a good night of sleep.

Then, Saturday morning, I fixed Liz's brake handle cover (that was chewed up by Cody the dog), and then we went to the Toyota dealer to check out their new Highlanders. They're really cool cars. Really popular, too. Its hard to get one because they're all still on order. Anyhow, we drove one and I think Liz is gonna get one, I guess its just a matter of price and the model. The highlander, eventhough it has a 4 cylinder engine, is much much more spirited than the Subaru was. It does look very nice, too.

The guy at the dealership tried to sell us a 4Runner as well. We drove it, and wasn't very impressed. Its an old design and needs a complete interior overhaul. The V6 was definitely more powerful, but the interior was just too plain.

Then we had dinner in the city at Luna Park (Great resturant!!!! and cheap, too!) and went to the Harmony Sweepstakes Acappella competition. The singings by the groups were incredible. They all had such beautiful voices... I wish I can sing like that. The highlight though, was running into my friend Lily. I haven't seen her since 1995! It was such an interesting situation. i was so glad that I ran into her. I've sorta been looking for her since we graduated, but was never able to. She was really glad to see me too, and she met Liz as well. It was neat to see how after all these years we can still talk like there is no tomorrow. Hahaha.

Sunday was church day, and Noel came back for a week cuz her hubby is in the bay area for training. Pretty cool that we got to see her and hang out a bit. We had yummy Thai food to end the evening. Hmmm. can't ask for a better weekend than that!

:-)
john

No comments: