Tuesday, January 29, 2002

Hmmm. Liz posed an interesting question to me the other day. Er, rather, it was our friend Brian who asked us this question. I don't quite have an answer, but it did make me realize that I need to maybe spend some more 'quality' time with Liz.

Well, our friend Brian asked us, as Liz was walking on the treadmill and I was bursting my vains trying to lift some weights... "What do you guys do together?"

I hate these damn simple, yet complicated questions. I couldn't quite tell Brian what we do together other than that we 'hang out'. The thing is, that Liz and I spend precious little time together as is. We try to spend our weekend together, whether it is going to hang out with friends or dinners..etc. But when it comes down to it, we don't really spend quality time just hanging out and talking with each other. On weekends, either she would come down or I would go up and we'd always go visit friends, goto friend's parties, go out with friends...etc. Its fun and all, but I feel like I am beginning to miss her. Take last weekend, for example. Saturday morning Liz drove down to my house, we went to D&B's for our friend's brithday party, then we drove back up to the city to have dinner at a Moroccan resturant for another friend's birthday. Then we dropped her off at home and I went home. Sunday we went to church, bible study, and then she went home and I had to go help out at the other church. Sunday night we had dinner with my parents, and then both her and I went home.

What a hectic schedule! Through this whole time we were hanging out with all our friends, and yet no time were we alone together. I think she misses that, and I do too. Granted, we don't want to be hanging out all the time and get sick of one another, but I don't think we're hanging out with each other enough. I guess its a balancing act, and I'm just not quite sure where the balance point is yet.

Anyways, so, today's goal, hopefully, is to get out of work early and go up and surprise her. Then I'm going to simply sit down with her and maybe have dinner and just chat with her. That's my projected evening. That is, provided, that I can get out of work early. *sigh*.

:-)
john

No comments: