Tuesday, January 15, 2002

Again, haven't posted in a while. Its quite a bummer. I like to ramble on, but sometimes I just have no time....

You know, I love my work. The stuff that I am doing, though its a pain in the rear, its really nice. Lately, I've been playing with task scheduling in an RTOS (Real-Time Operating System) and trying to figure out how the computer schedules "tasks" (aka, things to do) and how to make it more efficient. Its a lot of trial and error for me, but its fun! The more I dig into it the more I like it. The worst part of all this is that I am working 12 hours a day and Saturdays too, and have no time for myself or Liz....

New Years Resolutions: (yeah, I make them every year, I've done pretty well the past 2 years in keeping them, so here goes nothing...)
1. Set my priorities straight in regards to spending more time with Liz
2. Ask for a raise, or get a new job if I don't get a raise.
3. Goto the gym at least 2x a week
4. Study the bible at least 2x a week
5. Take the GMAT at least once this year...(that includes studying for it).

These are some tall goals. They may not seem that much to you, but to me its a lot. Its a year of doing not so much "BIG" things/events happening in my life, but these are goals of consistancy - something that I think I lack in. I feel that I need these to start to not just work really hard at my job but also work hard in other areas of my life....

There must be something magical about a new year. If you really think about it, its just another day of the year. Technically, its no more special than say, July 13th..(wait, that IS a special day...its Liz's B-day). But I dunno why at the end of December I just feel so tired and wanting to get the year over with. But January seems to be filled with hope and promise. Maybe God gave us new years to refresh and renew ourselves and set new goals and have more things to look forward to. I know I definitely have lots of things to look forward to (see new years resolutions!)

You know, every year, I evaluate my motto. I've decided to keep it the same this year.. "Work hard, play hard, and never forget to smile!". I'm keeping it not out of laziness, but I've always thought that the most important part of the motto was the "smile" part. Now I'm realizing the importance of "work" hard, too. Not that I didn't work hard before, just that every year I need to strive to work harder... *sigh* I wish I was smarter. My two brain cells (that are left after all the beer in college) are working overtime as is....

anyways. time for bed. Maybe another resolution this year is to update my blog more often!

john

No comments: