Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Killing Harry Potter!

[story here]

Can't imagine that JK Rowlings even considered killing Harry Potter! And let Lord Voldemort triumph? Sheesh. I know we get bitter about life as we get older, but that doesn't mean we should start teaching that concept to our next generation so early!

(I know, I know, you're probably thinking, John is so hypocritical because he loves those Oh-I-love-you-but-we-cant-ever-be-together-because-someone-always-dies-before-the-character-realizes-that-they-love-each-other or oh-I-love-you-but-I-dont-tell-you-until-its-too-late sad chinese movies...)

Hey, all I'm saying, is that we don't need to en-bitter (is that a word?) our kids at such a young age!

john

2 comments:

liz said...

ok, what do you do at work? you have 3 blogs in a row, all written in the 3 o'clock hour. hmmmm....

gorgbroza said...

Hehehe.

I've been less impressed by the recent books than with the movies. I think her stories are better told on the big screen. I thought the stories would grow more intelligent as her audience grew older, but they still feel so simple.

Of course I'll read the 7th (probably borrow it from one of you guys), but I feel a little guilty... I know there are better things to be reading.

Just watch... with my luck, Sara will end up loving the Harry Potter series and show no interest in Tolkien.... :)