Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Contacts...

(In case you haven't noticed!) I decided to give contacts a try, rather than wearing my cool Oakley glasses all the time. Its been quite an experience.

So I went to the doctor's office to go get a regular eye exam. The doctor asks me if I want to dilate my eyes, I said sure. And then she asked me if I wanted to try contacts instead of wearing my glasses all the time, and I said sure.

After the doctor dilates my eyes, she passes me over to the technician, who is suppose to teach me how to put in and take out my contact lenses.

For the life of me (alright, maybe only 1/2 hr of my life), I couldn't see the contacts at all (because of the dilation of my eyes), and the technician keeps telling me that I am doing it wrong because I can't shove the contacts in my eyes. I keep telling her, I can't see the darn thing, and she keeps telling me to try to put it in my eye.

Finally, I think she gave up, and I went back there a week later to prove to them that I know how to put in my contacts, it was just that I couldn't see the thing!

Lesson learned: Don't try to put in your contacts (unless you are "the" Stephen, Mr. Super-good-with-contact-lenses) after you get your eyes dilated!

john

1 comment:

gorgbroza said...

You'll get used to them.

I remember one of the first times I wore contacts was at that 1st autocross you and I attended. Some dirt blew into my eye just before our run, so I put my glasses on and told you to go first. :)