Thursday, March 10, 2005

Do we have the power?

Brain fart of the day: Do we have the power to influence others? Sure we do. Should we have the power to influence the others? Well, its too late now, cuz we do have the power. God gave us that power and commanded us to use it wisely. But should we exert our influence on others even if they don't want it?

I am reflecting upon why people "should" do something. There never is such a thing. We are free to praise God in the way that He wants us to praise Him. Isn't that true? If a person is old enough, and just wants to be left alone to praise God, why should any of us detract that person away from praising God with our thoughts?

Maybe, in the case of all that has been happening at church, I've spoken too much to too many people. They don't need it, they don't deserve it. Maybe they don't want to hear it, whether it'd be my complaints or anyone elses. Maybe they just want to praise God with other brothers and sisters in Christ. Who am I to take that away?

Lord, I come before you, and I repent for my sins with regards to my tongue, my voice, and my influence on others. May they seek you always, and may everyone be so in tuned with you that they follow you directly rather than being influenced by others. Amen.

No comments: