Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Settlers Of Catan

http://www.mayfairgames.com/mfg-shop/0480-0499/qps/0483.html

So our friends came over the other night and brought this game over called "Settlers of Catan". I'm pretty addicted now! Its a great strategy game, but it also involves some degree of luck. There are so many ways to win, and the strategy to win depends on the layout of the board! (since the board is different each time)...

As with all games, I'm going to spend a whole lot of time trying to figure out what the best way to win is, and what all the stragegies are.. But I think its complicated enough and has enough degrees of luck where it can be a crapshoot. I'm not sure, but will share my secret(s) with you if I ever figure it out!

j

1 comment:

alan said...

Funny that you bring up this game, my sister just gave me a game by the same company, it's called "BANG!" I haven't played it yet, but I read through the instructions, it's sorta like Mafia but with A LOT more strategy involved. Someday, we gotta get together and play all these games, and teach the babies too so they can get started at a young age.